Here is how to list or host display banner on CanadaJournal (Travel & Leisure) Must Go™ Directory in Japanese, Chinese and/or Korean
Click on the Canada Map herewith or click here to view the TOP 25 Most Visited Canadian tourism establishments and destinations
listed in a recent year on the (Travel & Leisure) MUST GO™ Directory in Japanese,
Chinese and/or Korean. Check the Mini-Web (landing) Pages hosted in Japanese, Chinese and Korean by clicking on any of the links under those TOP 25.
PERFORMANCE OF DIRECTORY
LISTINGS & DISPLAY BANNER ADS
LISTINGS & DISPLAY BANNER ADS
- For instance, over a 12-month period ending in a recent year, Canadian tourism establishments and destinations generated views on average ranging between 2,000 and up to over 5,000 unique visits*
- About five percent of unique visits recorded on a directory listing or on its hosted (Mini) Web (landing) Page generate projected (future) leads*. When listed in all three languages, a school listing can generate up to over 250
projected (future) leads*.
- Each display banner ad is clicked on average
by 0.2% of the annual unique visitors, therefore
generating for an advertiser close to 1,000
projected (future) leads* from a presence in all three languages on the MUST GO™ Directory in a recent year.
- Moreover, because of its singular visual impact on each page viewed, such display banner delivers between three times and up to over five times greater awareness than the paid directory listing that the MUST GO™ Directory
also offers, as shown from its historical aggregated metrics.
- With 1.9M arrivals in 2017, @DestinationCAN's Asia-Pacific markets surpassed the European markets as Canada's largest overseas region.
- The stellar performance of Northeast Asia is driven by its three main markets: China, Japan and South Korea, the latter a country whose rate of increase for overnight arrivals from 2015 to 2017 led among Canada's eleven major international markets: the US, France, Germany, UK, Australia, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Brazil and Mexico.
- Over this decade, visits from the top three Asian countries (China, Japan and South Korea) continue to grow two to three times as fast as the top three markets from Europe (the UK, France and Germany). In 2017, the latter group showed no net growth versus 2016;whereas the top Northeast Asian ones showed 8.9% net growth.
- See Table herewith in terms of Number of non-resident travellers entering Canada, 2016_2017, by country of residence (excluding the USA) (% Change Year 2017 vs 2016) .
Source: Statistics Canada CANSIM - 427-0003
China is fast becoming the #1 source of world tourism. In 2018, it could be the #1 source of oversea travelers to Canada.
- In 2018, for the first time, travellers from China are likely to have the largest number of overnight arrivals to Canada from oversea. Until now, the United Kingdom has held that #1 position.
- Overnight arrivals to Canada from China should reach 806,000 in 2018, an increase of 16% over 2017. This is a scenario most likely to happen with more direct flights from Chinese cities having been added recently.
- The growth rate of overnight arrivals from China to Canada represents twice the growth rate of Canada's other ten major overseas markets combined.
- Chinese travellers to Canada should continue to spend twice the number of nights recorded over recent years by UK visitors, the oversea country with the next best record in that regard.
By 2019, China is heading toward beating the current Peak Year record of 908,806 overnight arrivals in Canada from overseas established in 2006 by the UK which until then Japan had held since 1996.
For example, this regular-size (148 x 75 pixels) display banner ad in Chinese hosted for Lobster On The Wharf, (Charlottetown PEI)
generated over 250 projected (future) leads through the Chinese
directory pages alone from 133,000 unique visits over a 12-month period.
- In comparison, over 225 projected (future) leads were generated through the same restaurant's listing
in Japanese, Chinese and Korean in a recent twelve-month period. That is from an estimated over 4,500 surfers who viewed its alphabetical listing (Rolodex) or searched and found its Web (landing) Page hosted in all three languages.
Panoramic-size display banner ads (leaderboard) can also be hosted on all the directory pages in Japanese, Chinese and/or Korean. At 660 x 82 pixels like for example Greyhound Canada ad herewith in Japanese, it can be animated (gif or rich media format) or static, appearing in 8-second long sequence
and in rotation with up to two others on top of the page).
FEES: To find out about the fees to book a display banner ad to be hosted on all the directory pages of CanadaJournal.com, go to How To Register.